|77 Sands Blvd|
Bethlehem, PA 18015
A piece of American history…
Sands Bethlehem Hotel and Casino is located in eastern Pennsylvania, just east of Allentown. The entertainment complex is set on the historic property of Bethlehem Steel Corporation, an American industrial icon. Bethlehem Steel produced much of the equipment used by the US armed forces in both world wars, including 1,100 ships, more than any other builder during the wars.
Bethlehem Steel’s importance in constructing America can be easily appreciated by examining a partial list of their major projects:
- Lincoln Tunnel
- Chrysler Building
- George Washington Bridge
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- Rockefeller Center
- US Supreme Court
- Merchandise Mart
- US Congress’ Rayburn Building
Industry becomes luxurious entertainment
Bethlehem Steel closed its doors in 1995, after which the property lay dormant until 2009 when Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem opened up as a beautiful casino and resort destination. The hotel has won a 4-diamond award from AAA and the property offers several elegant restaurants featuring a world-famous chef. Sands also boasts the top clubs and nightlife spots in the area as well as music and convention venues. And then there’s the world-class casino.
Let the games begin
Sands Bethlehem casino is full-service, offering slot machines, video poker, multiple table games, and a poker room. They also offer an innovative way to play some old casino classics in a live dealer stadium environment. Sands values their loyal customers and they show it with a card-based player appreciation and reward system.
Ranging from betting units as little as a penny to as large as $100, Sands Bethlehem offers a huge selection of the most popular slot machines available. They all use modern bill-acceptors for ease and convenience cashing in and out. Most players can find their favorite multi-line, multi-coin, and progressive jackpot machines on the expansive casino floor.
Video Poker Machines
Sands Bethlehem has many video poker machines on offer all around the casino and there are many variants to choose from.
|Game (number of machines)||Denomination(s)||Number of playable lines||Percentage Hold (with optimal play)||Paytable
|Triple Double Bonus (8)||$1||Single-line||98.15%||1-1-2-4-6-9-50-80-160-400-800-50-800
|Bonus Poker (8)||$1||Single-line||98.01%||1-2-3-4-5-7-25-40-80-50-800
|Double Double Bonus (8)||$1||Single-line||97.87%||1-1-3-4-5-9-50-80-160-160-400-50-800
|Deuces Wild 44 (8)||$1||Single-line||97.58%||1-2-3-4-4-10-12-20-200-800
|Jacks of Better (8)||$1||Single-line||97.30%||1-2-3-4-5-8-25-50-800
|Deuces Wild 44 (8)||$1||Single-line||97.06%||1-2-3-4-4-9-12-20-200-800
|Triple Double bonus (8)||25¢, 50¢||Single-line||97.02%||1-1-2-4-5-9-50-80-160-400-800-50-800
|Bonus Poker (8)||25¢, 50¢||Single-line||96.87%||1-2-3-4-5-6-25-40-80-50-800
|Double Double Bonus (8)||25¢, 50¢||Single-line||96.79%||1-1-3-4-5-8-50-80-160-400-50-800
|Joker's Wild (8)||25¢, 50¢||Single-line||96.38%||1-1-2-3-5-7-15-50-100-200-800
|Jacks or Better (8)||25¢, 50¢||Single-line||96.15%||1-2-3-4-5-7-25-50-800
Table games, both traditional and modern
Players will find their old favorites on the Sands Bethlehem casino floor, as well as some modern variants that are sure to excite.
- Big Six
- Pai Gow
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
- Baccarat (mini and midi)
- Sic Bo
- Let It Ride Stud Poker
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Texas Hold’em Bonus
- Three Card Progressive Poker
- Criss Cross Poker
- Casino War
Sands’ blackjack games can be played in the traditional manner or by also wagering an additional side bet along with the standard blackjack hand. The side-bet offerings are numerous and fascinating. They are:
- Free Bet Blackjack – this option lets you double-down or split… for free!
- Kings Bounty – the player gets paid when their two initial cards add to 20
- 21+3 Extreme – use your two cards plus the dealer’s upcard to create a 3-card poker hand with various payoffs
- Blazing 7’s Progressive – use your two cards plus the dealer’s upcard to hit the ever increasing progressive jackpot
The poker room
Beautiful and spacious, the Sands Bethlehem poker room is a comfortable and hi-tech place for poker players to play the game they love. There are 26 well spaced poker tables and all the amenities players have come to expect:
- A comfortable smoke-free environment
- A progressive bad-beat jackpot
- Table-side dining (as well as the near-by Market Press food court)
- A wide array of games. Omaha, Stud and Hold’em games from $3-$6 limits and above as well as No-limit Hold’em games with $1-$2 and $2-$5 blinds.
- Nineteen 55″ televisions
- USB ports at each player position
- Adjustable, wheeled chairs
- Automatic shufflers
- Available massage service
Live dealer stadium gaming
Sands Bethlehem offers a new way to play old favorites. Table games such as roulette, baccarat and even blackjack can now be played conveniently from a player’s terminal. There is a dealer who deals the cards or spins the ball, but this live action game can be bet on from several individual terminals. A timer counts down between deals as each player selects their wager. Once time has expired, the dealer (visible from the stadium seating or on a video screen) deals the hand. The betting results immediately accrue on the player’s terminal which can be cashed into and out of as easily as a slot machine.
In the blackjack version of live dealer stadium gaming, there is a very interesting difference from traditional blackjack. Each player’s betting decisions affect themselves, not the rest of the players as in the standard version of the game. Although the hand is dealt live, the cards that come off the deck after the initial deal only impact the player from that lone player’s decisions. There is no longer a need to argue with the player on third base over his “stupid” decision! Peaceful co-existence has at last come to the game of blackjack!
The Sands Bethlehem player reward system is centered on the MY SANDS reward card. The card’s two tier levels (standard and preferred) each offer a different set of benefits to players:
- Earn comp dollars through gaming that are usable within Sands Bethlehem at the hotel, restaurants, bars, retail stores, and more
- Earn entries through gaming for sweepstakes and promotions
- eClub Members receive exclusive email offers based on their play
- FREE sweepstake entry
- FREE self-parking
- Online access to your account
- Preferred status includes all the standard benefits plus:
- Earn special Preferred Member offers
- Priority line at MY SANDS Center
- Preferred Shopper discounts at Outlets at Sands Bethlehem
- Complimentary Valet parking
- Automatic gift qualification with exclusive pick-up
As of August, 2018, Sands Bethlehem hasn’t entered Pennsylvania’s nascent online gaming market, but they are expected to do so soon. They have applied for the $10 million license that will allow them to offer online slots, table games, and peer-to-peer gaming (that’s geek-speak for online poker). They will need to partner with a gaming technology company to help create and manage their online gaming content, but at this time it is unknown which firm Sands will select.
While they wait for online gaming to appear, Pennsylvanian’s eager to gamble online might consider Pennsylvania’s online lottery. It’s easy to play, perfectly legal, and you can win real money. To help get you started, new players get $5 free to play.
But it’s not just all about gaming
Sands Bethlehem also has world-class amenities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Emeril’s Chop House – An elegant steak house from Chef Emeril Lagasse
- Emeril’s Fish House – Chef Emeril Lagasse’s newest restaurant at Sands Bethlehem
- Burgers and More by Emeril – The name says it all.
- Buddy V’s Ristorante – Italian-American favorites from Buddy Valastro, of TLC’s Cake Boss.
- Carlo’s Bakery – Pastries, deserts, and cakes from this family-owned bakery, featured on TLC’s Cake Boss.
- Chopstick – Asian cuisine featuring fine, fresh ingredients.
- Croissanterie – Freshly ground, slow-drip coffee. Croissants, baguettes, and more.
- The Market Gourmet Express – A variety of tastes from Nathan’s hot dogs to pizza to salads to sushi to desserts.
- Steelworks Buffet and Grill – Fresh culinary dishes available either buffet-style or a la carte.
- Vision Nightclub – Pulse pounding music in the areas hottest nightclub from world-class DJs
- Molten Lounge – A locals favorite, this popular club features live music seven nights a week
- Coil – The main casino bar, located at the heart of the action on the casino floor
- Sands Bethlehem Event Center – A stunning, intimate setting for first-class live entertainment
And let’s not forget the hotel
The Sands Bethlehem hotel offers an assortment of king rooms, queen rooms, and suites to accommodate a wide range of travelling needs. In addition to the luxurious rooms, Sands offers the following amenities:
- Indoor pool – 6am to 9pm daily
- Fitness center – 5am to 12am daily
- Steel Magnolia Spa & Salon – Offers a full menu of spa and salon services
- Room Service – When none of the other resort restaurants will do, in-room dining is available
- Kids Quest – A per/hour charged supervised entertainment facility for children
- Cyber Quest – A video game arcade
- MobileQubes – Available for pickup and drop-off at various kiosks on the property, these rentable battery packs make device charging easy and convenient.