|1160 First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA 19406||(610)354-8118||www.vfcasino.com|
This historic and beautiful resort casino has it all!
Valley Forge Resort Casino is a full-amenity gaming resort located in King of Prussia, on the northwest outskirts of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The resort has two three-star hotels on property, a conference center, six restaurants, a nightclub, a pool, a spa, and a 24/7 fitness center. In 2012, a full-service casino was added to the property, offering Vegas-style gaming.
Valley Forge is one of two Pennsylvania casinos that operate under a Category 3 license (or “resort casino” license). This type of license was reserved for casinos that operate in (and as part of) previously existing resorts. This results in Valley Forge being restricted to a maximum of 600 slot machines and 50 table games. It’s not a tiny number, but the rest of Pennsylvania’s casinos are far less limited.
Prior to October, 2017, Valley Forge also labored under another restriction. The only players allowed in the casino were those holding memberships, guests booked in the resort overnight, those attending a conference or private function at the resort, or those who have purchased (in the same day) $10 or more in resort amenities. When Pennsylvania’s lawmakers loosened gaming restrictions in 2017, they also allowed Category 3 license holders to opt out of this restriction by paying a $1 million fee. Valley Forge took the opportunity to relieve it (and it’s guests) from a very annoying and unpopular burden.
As part of the same legislative action, another change was made to Category 3 gaming licenses. These operators now have the option to pay an additional $1 million to the state to be able to add 15 more table games to their casinos. They also now have the option of paying $2.5 million to add another 200 slot machines. As of yet, neither of Pennsylvania’s two “resort casinos” has exercised this option.
Online gaming at Valley Forge
Valley Forge operates an online incarnation of its FanDuel sportsbook that is available to anyone within the borders of Pennsylvania and is 21 years of age or older. The site can be accessed through any computer or mobile device web browser or through apps that operate on the Apple iOS or Android platforms.
Valley Forge is also licensed for online casino gaming (slots, table games, poker) but has yet to launch these operations.
While you wait, you might consider giving the PA iLottery a peek. Players can win real money. What’s even better – new players receive $5 free to play.
What’s in the casino?
The gambling choices at Valley Forge are simultaneously basic and varied. They only have table games and slot machines, but each of these are broken down into a wide assortment of individual games discussed in detail below. The casino also offers a wide variety of promotions throughout the year to entice and entertain their players. Unfortunately, there is no poker room here, despite being so close to the large pool of potential players in Philadelphia.
Games in the pit
Despite being limited to 50 tables, Valley Forge has a solid variety of games and limits to choose from. They even have a special high limit table games area at the south end of the casino. This comfortable lounge setting features a premium-brand bar that serves patrons in action at four blackjack tables and three roulette tables.
Here’s a breakdown of the games you’ll find on the main casino floor:
- Baccarat (mini)
- Blackjack (featuring the Match The Dealer and Super 4 Progressive side bets)
- Pai Gow Poker
- Spanish 21
- Three Card Poker
- Criss Cross Poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
While most other Pennsylvania casinos have many more slot machines to choose from, 600 isn’t exactly a tiny number of offerings. Machine players at Valley Forge will find the latest games alongside classic slot favorites at limits ranging from penny slots to much higher limit machines.
Here’s just a few of the most popular slot machines you’ll find here:
- China Shores
- Quick Hits Triple Blazing 7’s
- Wheel of Fortune Big Money
- White Orchid
- Roman Tribute
- Cash Man – African Dusk
- Treasures of Troy
- QuickHits Platinum
- Fire Light
Valley Forge’s video poker machines offer all the most common variants of the game. Most machines have limits between $1.25 per hand up to $25 per hand. Here’s a description of two of their best games:
|Game (number of machines)||Denomination(s)||Number of playable lines||Percentage Hold (with optimal play)||Paytable|
|Double Double Bonus|
(at certain bar top machines)
|$1, $2, $5||1 Play||98.98 DDB||1-1-3-4-6-9-50-80-160-160-400-50-800|
|"LV Airport/Illinois Deuces Wild 44"|
(at certain bar top machines)
|$1, $2, $5||Single-line||98.91% DW44||1-2-3-4-4-9-15-25-200-800|
The Valley Club player rewards program
Valley Forge Casino Resort uses a card-based rewards system called Valley Club. It is free to join and players receive points as they play their favorite machines and table games. Simply insert the card when playing machines and hand the card to the dealer when playing table games.
New players receive $25 free play or $25 match play after earning one point on any machine or table game, respectively. Additionally, new sign-ups will be awarded another $75 in free slot play or $75 match play usable on future trips to the casino.
Earn comp points based on play
Comp points earned at Valley Forge can be used towards food, beverages, and merchandise in all retail outlets on the property. Unused points expire twelve months after they are earned if the account is active and after six months if there is no activity on the card.
In addition to earned comp points, additional comps and promotional offers may be offered to players at casino management discretion.
The two tiers of the Valley Club program
In addition to the initial Valley Club membership level, players who earn 1,000 points in a calendar year advance to the Valley Club Elite membership level which brings additional benefits and perks. Here’s a rundown of the features of each level:
Valley Club benefits:
- Valley Services representative available 24 hours a day
- Free play offers and food offers
- Entry into promotions, sweepstakes, and tournaments
- Entry multipliers for select sweepstakes
- Special birthday offers
- Access to entertainment ticket presales
- Comp point earning for dining and retail purchases
- Ability to exchange comp points for American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
- $500 in offers valid at Simon shopping destinations, including King of Prussia Mall, Philadelphia premium outlets, and more
- Complimentary overnight stay based on play
- Online win/loss access
- Complimentary daily shuttle
Valley Club Elite benefits:
- All benefits of the Valley Club
- Personal casino host
- Exclusive event invitations for you and a guest
- Priority Line access at Valley Services
- Priority Valet service
- Priority gift pickup
- Room upgrades
- Early check-in and late checkout
- Priority slot service
- 20,000 AAdvantage miles you can use for flights to nearly 1,000 destinations worldwide, car rentals, hotels, upgrades, and other retail products
Restaurants and eateries at Valley Forge
As one would expect, this resort casino offers a solid variety of dining options ranging from quick and casual to elegant and exceptional. They also offer seasonal specials and discounts. Here’s the rundown on what you’ll find here to eat:
- Revolution Chop House – serving old and new world favorite steakhouse cuts alongside classic Italian appetizers and entrees.
- Valley Beach – poolside drinking and dining in a 20,000 square foot open-air club with private cabanas, a sandy beach, live entertainment, and more.
- Valley Tavern – a popular sports bar featuring comfort foods and a wide selection of craft and draft beers, including several acclaimed local brews. Don’t miss karaoke on Friday nights!
- American Grill – an all-purpose eatery located just off the casino floor featuring burgers, cheese steaks, hot dogs, fries, and more.
- Asianoodle – an authentic asian micro-restaurant featuring noodle soups, dim sum, sushi, wok dishes, and more.
- Italian Market – another all-purpose eatery located just off the casino floor featuring salads, hoagies, pizza, strombolis and more.
Nightlife and entertainment at Valley Forge
Valley Forge isn’t lacking in the bar, nightlife, and entertainment department. They have three completely different venues each offering a wildly unique and exciting experience. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Valley Beach – mentioned above as an eatery, this daytime and nighttime poolside club is always hopping.
- The Vault – a live entertainment bar featuring live music, dueling pianos, and (every Friday night) a comedy club.
- Center Bar – located at the heart of the casino floor, this dynamic bar is a great place to meet friends and relax while checking out all the casino has to offer.
The hotel – and the other hotel
Valley Forge Casino Resort has two separate hotel options for their guests, the Casino Tower and the Radisson Hotel Valley Forge. Between the two, the resort has 485 guest rooms and suites as well as a 24/7 fitness center, a spa, and an outdoor pool (open seasonally). Before you commit to booking a reservation, potential guests should check out the wide assortment of hotel packages Valley Forge offers, featuring discounts and promotions tied to both resort and casino amenities as well as other local attractions.
Conventions, weddings, and meetings
Valley Forge Casino Resort has spacious and multi-dimentional convention space available for a wide assortment of uses. One of the nicest perks of holding events here is that when the events break, all the amenities of the resort casino are right there to entertain and delight your guests.
Outside Valley Forge Casino Resort there’s a lot to see and do. Also located in picturesque Montgomery County are the well known King of Prussia Mall, the Valley Forge National Historical Park, and much much more.